Cattle Management Training Program Details
As an exchange visitor on the CAEP cattle management program you will have the opportunity to experience calving through February, March, and April while during the summer months, you will focus on fence maintenance, herd health management, and pasture management. In the fall, calves will be weaned, and the care and feeding of beef cattle take place and may include ration balancing and herd management.
This program can include:
- Care and feeding of livestock
- Sorting and breeding cattle
- Ranch maintenance
Placements are available all year round.
Some of the skills learned on this program may include:
- Care and feeding of cattle
- Ration balancing
- Herd health management
- Herd management
- Marketing of crops and livestock
- Operation of farm machinery and on-road vehicles
- Maintenance and repair of farm machinery
- Seed, fertilizer, and crop protection decisions
- Harvesting and drying of crops
- Financial management including computer income and expense records, depreciation and capital purchases and sales
- Exposure to the American way of life and business
*Actual skills learned will vary by placement and previous experience.