Custom Harvesting Program Details
Through a custom harvesting program, you will have the opportunity to see every aspect of the harvest run, whether it is working in the workshop or operating and maintaining big machinery. Our hosts operate some of the most modern equipment in the field and can offer amazing insights into management.Exchange visitors must be able to live in tight living quarters and be able to get along well with others as you harvest from farm to farm and see the fields of America along the way. Apply by March for these opportunities to operate "Big Iron" across America!
This program can include:
- Modern Equipment
- Farm Machinery
- Tight Living Quarters
April through November (depending on location).
Some of the skills learned on this program may include:
- Operate and take part in harvest and fieldwork in the most efficient manner possible
- Learn good general maintenance skills
- Operation of global positioning systems
- Marketing of crops
- Operation of farm machinery and road vehicles
- Maintenance and repair of farm machinery
- Harvesting of crops
- Exposure to field-testing of new combines and headers
*Actual skills learned will vary by placement and previous experience.