English Disciplines Training Program Details
CAEP's English disciplines programs provide exchange visitors the opportunity to increase your knowledge and skill level in the field of dressage, hunter/jumpers, three-day eventing and combined driving. On the English disciplines, program exchange visitors will learn about having a good seat and a correct, well-balanced body position, and moving with the horse's motion. You also may be given time to practice riding, depending on your riding skill level.
This program can include:
- Riding Time
Year-long placements available.
Some of the skills learned on this program may include:
- Daily care of horses
- Including feeding
- Cleaning stalls
- Assisting veterinarian and blacksmith
- Some riding depending on level of skill of applicant
- Exercise and warm-up horses
- Preparation and grooming of horses at competitions
- Tack maintenance and equipment usage
*Actual skills learned will vary by placement and previous experience.