English Disciplines Training Program Details
English Disciplines are equestrian disciplines that have many different forms. CAEP's English Disciplines Training Programs give you the opportunity to increase your knowledge and skill level in the field of Dressage, Hunter/Jumpers, Three-Day Eventing and Combined Driving. English Disciplines Training Program EVs will observe English disciplines such as having a good seat and a correct, well-balanced body position and moving with the horse's motion. You also may be given time to practice riding, depending on your riding skill level.
This program can include:
- Riding Time
Year-long placements available.
Some of the skills learned on this program may include:
- Daily care of horses
- Including feeding
- Cleaning stalls
- Assisting veterinarian and blacksmith
- Some riding depending on level of skill of applicant
- Exercise and warm-up horses
- Preparation and grooming of horses at competitions
- Tack maintenance and equipment usage
*Actual skills learned will vary by placement and previous experience